Special Offer for new Ministers - Save 10% on any Hard Copy Credential or Package - Enter NEWMINISTER at the checkout

    Universal Life Church » FAQ » Your Ordination Status » Are my credentials legal?

Are my credentials legal? by ULCS

Universal Life Church maintains the necessary filings so that ministers could officiate marriage in all 50 states. However, since local laws vary widely, and are subject to change, you should verify current information with your local county clerk, prior to performing any ceremony.

You can find a listing of the various wedding requirements, arranged according to state, on our website:


You can refer to this information as a general guideline within the United States, as well as guidelines on whom to talk to in your area for more information. You can also contact the public official listed for the state of interest for confirmation of the latest requirements for ministers officiating marriage. 

When you speak to your local official and ask the following questions

  • I am a minister of an established church and plan to officiate a marriage ceremony in  [state]. Can you please tell me what the requirements are in your state or county?
  • Are the requirements any different for non-resident ministers than they are for residents of [state]?" 

Share |
Products related to this Training Article:
Special Religious Title
Special Religious Title
Ordination Credential
Ordination Credential
Basic Ordination Package
Basic Ordination Package

NOTE:The Universal Life Church does not engage in rendering accounting, legal or professional service advice. This information is provided "as is". The ULCS disclaim any loss or liability, either directly or indirectly as a consequence of applying the information presented herein, or in regard to the use of said information. No guarantee is given, either expressed or implied, in regard to the accuracy, or acceptability of the information.


Content & Images Copyright © 2017 Universal Life Church 7
Get More information about getting ordained